Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ramping up

Seattle-To-Portland is in 3 weeks. Today I got out on the bike for just over 50 miles and around 3300ft of climbing (I think). It was an early start as I had to be done in time to take my soon to be 4-year-old to a church activity (obstacle courses, ice cream, games, all while learning good stuff. What's a 4-year-old not to like!)

Next week is the half marathon (I downgraded due to some soreness in my knee - more on that in another post). I think on the 4th of July I'll head out for around 80 miles. Then it's time for 205 miles of fun. Can't believe it's almost here.

I'll leave you with a shameless plug. Steve is having a giveaway for a $75 gift cert to OnlineShoes.com. Surprisingly, and as it's name spells out, it's an online store and they have shoes! I've only just glanced at the site, but now that I've found a shoe that works for me this would be a great way to order a shoe that I know works. Free shipping is definitely a bonus. They say they also do free exchanges, and 90-day unconditional returns. Plus their prices seem pretty good - $20 less than the store for the shoes I bought :(

Yes it's late, but if you comment on Steve's post (link) you will be entered to win a $75 gift cert to OnlineShoes.com. But hurry! You must comment by midnight June 20th (yes that's tonight - I really did mean to post about this earlier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment