Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oxymoron of the day: Healthy fast-food

I recently saw an article that listed the Top 10 Healthies Fast Food Restaurants. I don't know about anyone else, but if I ever head to a fast food joint, I'm not looking for healthy. I want a greasy burger and a 10,000 calorie shake thank you very much.

Some of the contenders (a.k.a. the ones I've heard of): McDonalds, Chipotle, and Taco Del Mar.

Other ironic bit about the article - related news article "Should Fast Food Be Banned From High-Fat Neighborhoods?"



Mike put it best in his comment on the article:
I’m 62 years old, 5′8″ and 152 lbs. I eat at Micky D’s, Noodle Co, Panera as well a Ruby Tuesday’s, Big Boy, frozen meals from the grocery and occasional home cooking.

Where you eat is not important. It is only about what you eat. Good and bad choices are up to the individual, not the restaurant. None of these purveyors are inherently healthy or un. IMO at least.
So what do you think? Is it the restaurant's problem for people eating poorly, or the individual who ordered?

No comments:

Post a Comment