Sunday, November 1, 2009

Resurrecting my training (and the blog)

Training for this year's events, coupled with studying for the CPA, painting the interior of the house, being Wonder Daddy, and general stressful stuff at work, led to getting a bit burned out. So i took some much needed time off from training, and have just recently gotten back to finding out where my fitness is after the hiatus.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good. The cardiovascular fitness is way down, but i'm was faster than I was at this point last year. Tomorrow morning I'm heading to the gym for the first of (hopefully) daily weekday sessions for all of November, which will hopefully lead to swimming starting up again in December. I have no race plans yet for 2010, but I will let you know when I do.

As for the laziness in the blog... I had planned for 3 events in 2009. I ran 2 and the only race report I have posted about was the race I didn't even run! This week I'll get those posted, followed by a safety series that I've been pondering about for quite a while. After that we'll see where things lead. To get myself motivated again I've also signed up for NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). 1 post a day for the month of November is the goal.

Here's to November, and let the training begin so I can eat more pie this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment