Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Swim and a Run

This afternoon I headed to the pool and had a new distance PR. I started off with 2x50m freestyle. Then a 150m doing freestyle as much as possible. Then I thought I'd just swim.  So, 450m later I've gone farther than I have before in one go. The good news is, that I can make the entire way on the swim portion of the upcoming triathlon, the bad news is that I will be run over by 2 heats of swimmers! Now we work on getting faster.

Day 2 of the marathon training brought a nice easy 20 minute jog. I was aiming for 11 minute miles, but without having mapped out a route, I had to guess. I ended up pretty close at 11:07/mile pace. I had a hard time keeping the pace down, but I kept reminding myself that as the miles increase, it'll be important to know how to stay slow on some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment