Monday, February 16, 2009

Today's bike ride and other ramblings

Let me start off by saying how great it feels to be able to get outside and go for a ride.  I really enjoy the freedom of road cycling.  It's been especially nice recently as I've got enough cold weather gear to get out and not freeze.  So this morning a got out a little after 4 for a 10 mile ride.  The roads were pretty slick due to some rain during the night.  I headed out onto the nearest through road to my neighborhood and found my back wheel sliding around all over the place.  They still haven't managed to clean the shoulders since sanding after the last snow.  Between sliding all over the place and not being able to see the debris in front of me, I decided to hit some safer roads in my neighborhood.

I rode one of my running routes and did a few laps.  It was a different experience than riding busy roads.  I only saw one car and the streets have great pavement.  Anyway, 10 miles in 40 minutes.

Since we're talking bike - the Tour of California is going on, and it's been great to follow so far.  We're only two stages in and there has been drama, heroic all-stage breaks, and great chases. Lance Armstrong and teammates had a few bikes stolen the other (which was a really dumb move. If you haven't seen Lance's bike, it's kinda one of a kind - not a good move.).  Lance's teammate Levi Leipheimer has taken over the yellow jersey and is looking to win the tour for the third year in a row. It all makes me want to get out and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment